Wednesday, July 16, 2008

check this out

I just realized we never posted a picture of our team. Here we are. :)

It's officially Wednesday now, which means we're leaving in TWO DAYS. aaaahhh! i've started packing and i'm getting (even more) excited. we start taking our malaria pills today. haha.. i think that makes it more real.

i just checked the weather in Chennai (the city we're flying into) and take a look-see.
woohooooo! this should be interesting...

On a personal note, I think my focus for this trip is going to be Ephesians 4:1-3
"I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."

I love that we are going to serve the poor, the orphans, the widows. I love that Harvest India is working in the areas Jesus did, and calls us to do. To me, that is "living a life worthy of the calling."

But I realized that I could go through the motions, but without love it means nothing, right? I want to be able to serve humbly, with genuine love - for both the people in India and my teammates. I am not the easiest person to get along with, and many of our friends have already told me they think I'm going to be the first to "freak out." haha.. hopefully i will prove them wrong. Pray for me, cause I can't do it on my own!

peace outttt,
Tracy

No comments: